Monday, March 24, 2008

busybusybusy

Let's see...

Some of the more interesting things going on I can't talk about yet, for the sake of discretion; they are work-related. I did, however, get a couple of big software upgrades which are making my life easier...

I'm scheduled to model for Amber Dawn next Friday....

The Comicon is in two weeks; I'm working on the EOTL comics script for that....

The SP has been oh-so-industrious about working on my office. He got one window jamb extended and the trim put on; the parts of the other are glued up and planed, waiting to be installed. He assembled the workbench top and put up the cleat for it to mount upon, and I drew up a design for a storage cabinet for all my sewing notions...

I've got about eight sewing projects waiting for my attention, which will probably have to keep waiting another month, although I do hope to make up a linen vest to wear to the Comicon...

I finished the Harley Quinn costume for the girl in Denmark and shipped it off; meanwhile I've had one pattern order per week all this month...

I made up a three-year plan for the yard, starting with building some compost bins to make use of the leaf cleanup from last fall, then a bat house this spring; next year I hope to get some landscaping done to improve the drainage, and possibly put in a rain garden; definitely I want to build some raised beds for vegetables. I may go so far as to start some herbs and tomatoes this year, but we'll see. There's only so much time in the day/week/year, and we have an awfully good local market. At the very least I'm making a pact with myself to visit the farmer's market every other week this summer.

It's Spring! I'm in a cheery and productive mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"... finished the Harley Quinn costume for the girl in Denmark..."
I am glad to see the coins stacking up in your coffers; disappointed that I could not help with the broadsword.
Somewhat disappointed? Yes.
Prostrate with grief? No.
It's knocking on the doors of your birthday. Have a Happy.
Of course I remember your birthday. It's the anniversary of the first day of the Battle of Okinawa, 1945. How could I forget that?
SG