Wednesday, November 07, 2012

aging gracefully

We were watching the trailer for "Skyfall" the other day. I love Judi Dench, and I especially love that she's played M for the last dozen years. But when I tried to express my admiration my tongue got tangled.

"I love her," I said. "I want to be Judy Davis when I grow up."

"You mean Judi Dench," said the Sparring Partner.

"Right. Sorry. I want to be Judi Dench when I'm post-menopausal."

"You kinda already--"

"I already am Judy Davis, mostly."

"Yeah. Impromptu Judy Davis. Not Naked Lunch Judy Davis."

"Right."


Here's the new theme music for Skyfall. Adele was a good choice for the mood, I think.

2 comments:

Freyalyn said...

The movie's amazing - Best Bond Ever. We went to see it last Saturday, and even though we were on the front row of the cinema and far too close, it was still amazing. Planning to go and see it again at my local arty cinema in December. Javier Bardem is possibly the best villain so far, really believable and creepy. Go!

Holly said...

I honestly can't wait to see it!