Thursday, April 19, 2007

this may be premature, but...

I've been working on the tee-shirt issue. I have a design I like, the problem is getting it made. I looked into CafePress first, but Zazzle has more options for garments, particularly in dark colors.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit stymied by software. To get a true white-on-dark image, I have to create a transparent background for the image, and the Corel software to which I have access will not export the PNG's correctly. I'm looking into a source to get around that.

In the meantime, I managed to use Zazzle's default conversion method to get a passable mock-up of the shirts. The front looks okay, but the back may not be legible enough. We ordered one as a test sample. But if you want a preview...



You can, of course, go ahead and order one if you just can't wait (I know what that feels like, it's why I had to post). But I recommend waiting a couple of weeks until I (hopefully) get this transparency issue resolved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gimp (freeware/OSS, and available for OS/X and Win32) should do that PNG with a proper alpha channel... and though it's more a raster program than a vector (as in, more PhotoShop-ish than CorelDRAW-ish), it does keep text objects as editable, generally, so it's probably pretty useable for what you're trying to do.

Holly said...

Well, you hit the issue right on the head-- the raster v. vector issue, that is. Thanks for the tip.