Those who believe they were born with all the smarts and gifts they’re ever going to have approach life [with] a "fixed mind-set." Those who believe that their own abilities can expand over time, however, live with a "growth mind-set."
Guess which ones prove to be most innovative over time.
Guess which one I want to be?
I want to learn everything, everything! and I'm continually frustrated with my lack of time. Why do I have to work for a living??
Someday (not too long, I hope) I'll be out of debt and I'll go to work as a full-time creative person. I hope I keep learning. I want to do more leatherwork, and learn to make shoes. I still write from time to time, but the drive to write fiction isn't really there anymore.
For a long time I thought I had to make it as a writer in order to justify myself *being* a writer, but then End of the Line sold, and bought me a nice new laptop, and now I don't care anymore. I still have things to write about, at times, but I know now that the tools will always be there when I need them.
I actually had the thought, the other day, that I should sell my Trace stories in single-bound volumes on Etsy, rather than expecting the ezine publishers to make room for me in their publications.
Current projects for other people:
- Writing an article, "On Being a Good Student," for Tai Chi magazine. .
- Black and red PVC on order for a Harley Quinn costume client.
- Awaiting deposit and measurements from Jewelry girl, for the three Marie Antoinette dresses she wants.
On the one hand, I hate waiting on clients. People order stuff, so I block out my time, but then they make me wait on their measurements or whatever so by the time I get to start on it I'm rushed and resentful.
On the plus side, I had most of a four-day weekend to myself, so I got to:
- Finished the SP's linen shirt. He is very pleased, and I got it done in under a month.
- Assembled the red satin bustier for the Wonder Woman costume; it's done except for the grommets in the back and the top/bottom binding. The metal sheeting for the eagle emblem and girdle are in the mail. I will in theory be ordering a lot of stuff from my corset supplier this month, so the grommets and internal steels may be on hold for a while.
- Finally started assembling a silver silk blouse I cut out during the winter--for MYSELF, thank you very much.