- 3 boneless pork sirloin cutlets (about 1 lb), cut into stir-fry strips
- 3 or 4 green onion strands, minced
marinate the above for 15 minutes in:
- 1/2 c sherry
- 2 tsp chicken bullion granules
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 Tbs oyster sauce
- 1 Tbs red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- fresh black pepper and/or white pepper
you will also need:
- olive oil for stir-frying
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cu in. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 bag shredded prepared coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 pkg egg roll wrappers (usu. contains 18-20)
- peanut or vegetable oil for frying
Stir-fry the minced ginger and garlic in a little olive oil until a bit brown. Add the marinated pork and green onion and fry until pork is done. SAVE THE USED MARINADE. Remove cooked pork to a cutting board to cool. With a big sharp knife, mince the pork into tiny bits and put in a big bowl.
Stir-fry the cabbage mixture with the leftover marinade juice until the cabbage is a bit limp and the marinade is mostly absorbed. Remove cabbage with a slotted spoon and cook down the leftover sauce until thick and reduced. Drizzle this over the cabbage and pork mixture; toss together well.
Wrap about 3 Tbs of the cabbage/pork filling per egg roll wrapper, according to package directions. Fry in peanut or vegetable oil until golden all over. Drain well. Good hot or cold.
For passable sweet & sour sauce, combine about 1/4 c plum jelly with about 1 Tbs EACH soy sauce and rice vinegar; more or less to taste.